The marriage will only be recognised under UK law if it is valid under Thai law. For it to be valid in Thai law, the marriage must be registered with the Registrar at an Amphur Office (District Office). A list of some Amphur offices in Bangkok and upcountry is attached.
- Attend the British embassy in Bangkok
- Submit an affirmation of freedom to marry
- Get the affirmation translate into Thai
- Visit the ministry of foreign affairs
- The document is stampe & authenticated
- Enter any amphur, then marry
- You will both be issue with Thai marriage certificates
Do all of the above then the marriage then the marriage is legal in the UK.
- By earning a minimum of £18,600 annually
- By having a minimum of £62,500 in cash savings.
- Be aware: this figure increases with each additional non-British dependent in the family, such as a child who is not British, but the figure remains unaffected by additional British family members such as British children ( Uk passport holders)
- If you do choose to combine your income with cash savings then you must show minimum savings of £16,000. The amount of income you need to meet to cover up the remainder is calculated via the following method:
(Amount of savings – 16,000) ÷ 2.5 = X
X – 18,600 = amount if income needed to cover the remainder
Example: £25,000 cash savings
(25000 – 16000) ÷ 2.5 = £3,600
£18,600 – £3,600 = £15,000
Be awarev: the rule allowing you to combine cash and income savings does not apply if you are self-employed or if you are the Director of a limited company in the UK.
Please contact us so we can calculate whetjer you qualify for a UK spouse/ settlement visa today.
Since July 2012 the UK’s Immigration Rules have required non-EEA nationals to satisfy afinancial, ‘minimum income‘ requirement in order to secure a visa to join a British/settledspouse or partner in the UK. Available maintenance funds equivalent to a minimum grossannual income of £18,600 are now required. This requirement can be met by various sources not just employment.
Thai citizens require a UK visa if they want to visit or settle.A UK holiday visa is also known as a visitor visa or a UK tourist visa. The tourist visa is issued for a total of six months. The Thai girlfriend will be able to travel to the UK within that 6 month period, but must return to Thailand before or at the end of the visa peri
You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months with a General Visitor visa. And you may also apply for a long-term visit visa if you can prove you need to make repeat visits over a longer period. You generally must only stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit and your visa can last for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.