How to renew your British passport 6 easy steps!
Download OS passport application form – OS Form
- Complete sections 1 & 2, and sign section 9 – ( black ink)
- You must use your address in Thailand and provide evidence in the form of a bank statement, internet bill, Thai driving license ( these are examples).
- 2 X passport photographs – guidance :
In your photo you must:
- be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
- have a plain expression and your mouth closed
- have your eyes open and visible
- not have hair in front of your eyes
- not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
- not have anything covering your face
- not have any shadows on your face or behind you
4. The application must be submitted at VFS in Bangkok they are the service providers – VFS British overseas passport applications information
5. How to pay the fees – Credit/debit card payment authorization form for overseas passports to print out and complete – Payment instruction form.
6. Once it has been processed you will receive an email to collect your new passport.
Where does the application need to be submitted?
- VFS (Thailand) Ltd. The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Can I renew my UK passport online if I live abroad?
- British ex-pats can apply for, renew, at the local service provider not online.
Can I renew my UK passport in Bangkok?
Yes, you can renew the passport at the Trendy building Sukhumwit Soi 13, which is close to soi nana.
How long does a UK passport renewal take if we apply in Thailand?
- As of May 2021 – due to COVID-19. If the UK passport office doesn’t need any further information, you should receive your passport within 8 weeks.
Do you need a countersignature for passport renewal UK?
- The majority of people will be fine to submit their passport photos without a countersignature, however, if your appearance has changed significantly then you may require a countersignatory – how does this work?
How much does it cost to renew a British passport in Thailand?
- 32-page passports – 118.51 GBP, and 48-page passports are 128.51 GBP – this includes the cost of the courier fees.
Are you thinking of renewing or applying for a British passport in Thailand?
Take the worry and stress away from applying yourself and enlist the professional services of an accredited immigration consultant. At Thai Visa Express, you don’t need to travel to Bangkok, we can assist, and offer a free professional consultancy service, and do the hard works on your behalf no matter where you live in Thailand.
Please contact us today to find out more about how to apply for a British passport in Thailand. We can also be reached on the following contact numbers in Thailand – 038420313/0801022328