Applying for a first-time British passport for babies born overseas
What are the documents required for applying for passports for children born overseas in Thailand?
- Childs Thai birth certificate (original
- Fathers long UK birth certificate (not the short version (long) original)
- The child’s mothers Thai birth certificate (original)
- A color copy of the father’s British passport (photo page only)
Your countersignatory should write the following on the back of one photo:
- ‘I certify that this is a true likeness of [title and full name of adult or child who is getting the passport].
- Have known the person applying (or the adult who signed the form if the passport is for a child under 16) for at least 2 years be able to identify the person applying,e.g. they’re a friend, neighbor, or colleague (not just someone who knows them professionally).
- Countersigning British passports – general guidance
- Overseas British passports – general guidance
Documents required by the child’s mother
- Mothers passport original
- Mothers ID card original
- Marriage certificate original (if you are married)
- Name changes original (mother of the child/ child)
- House blue book (original ) –address of the applicant (where they are registered)
Do the documents need to be translated?
Translations must be provided if the original documents are not in English.
Lost & stolen passports – how to replace a lost or stolen passport
Renew a British passport – how to renew a British passport from overseas
What’s a countersignatory – Countersign a British passport application
Submitting the application
UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
If you want to find out more about how to apply as a British passport from overseas , call us today on 0749326987, or use our contact us form to find out more.