Your countersignature must either:
- work in (or be retired from) a recognized profession
- be a person of good standing in the community
Your countersignature cannot:
- work for the Passport Office
- be a doctor, unless they state that they know you well (for example they’re a good friend) and that they can easily recognize you easily from your photo
Examples of who can countersign :
- airline pilot
- articled clerk of a limited company
- assurance agent of recognized company
- bank or building society official
- chairman or director of a limited company
- commissioner for oaths
- councilor, for example, local or county
- civil servant (permanent)
- director, manager, or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company
- engineer with professional qualifications
Further information about British passports can be found here.
How to renew a British passport overseas – how to apply for a new passport overseas.
lost & stolen passports – lost passports overseas.
If you would like more information, call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our website.